Robin is skilled at finding the client’s core purpose through her investigative process and interpreting that into new visual and verbal expressions. Robin has worked with, and invented hundreds of brands over her 30-year career, including national corporations like Labatt Brewing and Chrysler, international consumer brands like Jolly Jumper and 3M, and entrepreneurial start-ups. She has amassed a specialist expertise in consumer goods having branded Forked River, Cowbell, and Equals Brewing, as well as U.S-based companies such as Master Pools, Navigreat and MaxLiving. In her hometown of London, Ontario, her work can be seen everywhere from universities like King's and Brescia; to St. Joseph's Health Care; and business-to-business companies like Jones Packaging.View Work
A former entrepreneur, Robin founded the brand boutique Honey Design in 1989. In 2014, she merged with Arcane Digital and helped to build a creative team that integrated brand with digital practices. Robin has evolved to the next stage of her career, as an independent brand and creative consultant.
Robin's work has been featured in international publications and has been awarded local, national and international recognition for excellence in design and strategy. Robin is an author of a primer on branding for business –The Beebrand Manifesto, A Quest for Authenticity and many articles on branding.
A graduate of the Richard Ivey School of Business’s Strategic Marketing Program, and Sheridan College’s advertising program, Robin is a frequent speaker on branding and has appeared at Design Thinkers and various RGD events for students and practitioners alike, as well as client- focused events throughout Canada and the U.S.
Check out Robin's articles about branding on LinkedIn.
- Face It. The value of listening is often underrated.
- Brand Naming – Why you need a one-two punch.
- Brand Naming – Coin something new.
- What’s Your Logo Saying?
- A House of Brands or a Branded House?
- The BeeBrand Manifesto, available on Amazon.
Robin is a speaker on the topic of branding at creative conferences, client events and B2B seminars.
- MLX Conference, Atlanta, 2018 – The Value of Brand Consistency
- Creative Direction 2017, Toronto – What Creative Directors Know
- RGD Moderator 2017, Webinar, Feminism in Design
- RGD Design Thinkers 2017, Toronto – The Art & Science of Brand Naming
- MacKay CEO Forums 2017 – The Authenticity Gap; How to manage your brand in a digital world.
- MaxLiving Conference 2017 Florida, U.S. – Brand Launch
- Master Pools Conference North Carolina, U.S. – Brand Launch
Robin has conducted interactive workshops to guide organizations to uncover their hidden potential and help power their growth.
- Brand workshops ‘Find Your Brand Position’ for a variety of industries from insurance, B2B professional services, consumer products, etc.